The wait is finally over and the first ever season of the SLFA is here!

#MatchweekOne kicked off the inaugural SLFA season and what a start it was. With goals galore, last minute equalisers and the first ever hattrick in the SLFA, #MatchweekOne did not disappoint.

Sutton Coldfield Town were the only team to take all three points from their opening fixture. Their 5-0 win over Rushall Olympic puts Sutton Coldfield Town at top of the table after #MatchweekOne.

Yate Town and Chesham United squared off in a very early contender for game of the season that finished 4-4. Two late goals for Chesham United levelled the score and meant the points were shared on this occasion. Special mention to Emmanuel Allen-Burnett who scored the first hattrick of the SLFA season.

Swindon Supermarine hosted Frome Town in their opening game of the campaign. Frome Town led for most of the game thanks to a brilliant solo goal by Alfie Terry but Swindon got back into the game after an 88th minute equaliser, scored by Jay Haydon.

Every matchweek during the SLFA season, a team of the week will be nominated by the coaches and selected by the SLFA. With a whole host of excellent performances across #MatchweekOne, picking the first ever SLFA #TeamOfTheWeek was a hard task. Congratulations to everyone selected and well done to Emmaunel Allen-Burnett who’s hattrick against Chesham United earned him the title of #PlayerOfTheWeek in the SLFA.

We also bring you the first ever #MatchweekOne Highlights Show for the SLFA. With 15 goals across three games, including some absolute stunners and our #GoalOfTheWeek, this is definitely not one to miss.

A new feature on the Match week review this season is the Game review of the week which will feature post-match interviews with players from both sides and an in-depth match report from the game. See the match report from Swindon Supermarine V Frome Town.

Late equaliser for Swindon rescues a point against Frome Town

In #MatchweekOne of the 2019/20 SLFA season, Swindon Supermarine hosted Frome Town in this SLFA match up.

With the sun shining and Swindon Supermarine’s ground looking in pristine condition, the stage was set for the start of the SLFA season.

It was the home side that started the better of the two teams. Supermarine skipper, Jay Haydon went close to giving his side the lead on 14 minutes after his free kick from 25-yards clipped the top of the bar.

The visitors were the first to score however, thanks to a terrific solo goal from Alfie Terry. After picking the ball up just outside the box on the right hand side, he managed to dribble his way inside the Swindon box. After looking like he’d lost the ball, Terry won the ball back, danced past another Swindon defender and rifled the ball into the back of the net. Swindon Supermarine 0-1 Frome Town.

Swindon could have been level just moments later. After some great hold up play from Andy Smith, Matthew Bibby was played in down the left channel and had a chance with just the keeper to beat. Frome keeper, Connor Carr-George was off his line quickly and smothered Bibby’s effort.

Frome had two chances just before half time to extend their lead. The first fell to Fabio Gratton, who used his blistering pace to get in behind the Supermarine defence, only to be denied by Swindon keeper, Louis Evans with a big save to his right.

The next chance for Frome fell to Lewis Fisher, who was played in over the top and managed to dribble away from the Swindon defence. Fisher looked to be in on goal but will be disappointed not to score, having blazed his shot over the bar.

Half time: Swindon Supermarine 0 – 1 Frome Town

The first big chance of the second half fell to Swindon, and the home side could have been level on 50 minutes. Some great play on the left wing by Andy Smith led to him cutting the ball back across goal. A sliding effort from Jay Haydon was inches away from evening things up.

Frome Town came close to extending their lead not long after the 60-minute mark from an indirect free kick on the edge of the Swindon box. Alfie Terry teed up Chris Clacee whos low, driven effort was saved by Louis Evans and somehow tipped on to the cross bar.

The visitors came close again shortly after, this time from a direct free kick. Frome captain, Ethan Green took the free kick from just over 20 yards away and rattled the bar with his effort. After hitting the bar, the ball deflected onto the back of Evans and rolled out for a corner.

Swindon Supermarine made Frome Town pay for missing their chances, after levelling things up on 88 minutes. A brilliant free kick from the left hand side of the box was whipped in by Alex Smith, asking to be headed home. The Swindon Captain, Jay Haydon was on hand to answer it’s calls and headed home the late equaliser. Swindon Supermarine 1 – 1 Frome Town

Final Score: Swindon Supermarine 1 – 1 Frome Town



The Southern League Football Academy in conjunction with the Southern League. We are the second (after the NPL Football Academy) in English football to launch a youth league and academy combining football with further education.

  • Instagram - White Circle
  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • YouTube - White Circle
  • LinkedIn - White Circle